In this section you'll find numerous links to IRS publications and informative websites that are valuable resources to help you run your business.
The following IRS publications are available in downloadable PDF format.
Publication 583, Starting a Business and Keeping Records - This publication provides basic federal tax information and guidance on recordkeeping systems for business owners.
Publication 334, Tax Guide for Small Businesses (for individuals who use Schedule C or Schedule C-EZ) — This publication provides guidance for sole proprietors in filing and maintaining records for Form 1040, Personal Income Tax Return.
Publication 15, Circular E, Employer's Tax Guide - This comprehensive publication covers employer's responsibilities for their employee's federal taxes, including employee withholdings and employer taxes.
Publication 15A, Employer's Supplemental Tax Guide - A supplement to Circular E, this publication contains specialized information about alternative methods of withholding tax and covers specific taxability issues.
Publication 15B, Employer's Guide to Fringe Benefits - A supplement to Publications 15 and 15A, 15B provides specialized information about the taxation of fringe benefits offered to employees.
Advantage is your gateway to the payroll and tax filing world — just bookmark this page as your starting point for accessing the following sites:
- American Payroll Association
- CCH Business Owner's Toolkit
- Federal Office of Child Support Enforcement
- Internal Revenue Service
- National Association of State Workforce Agencies
- Social Security Administration
- United States Chamber of Commerce
- United States Department of Labor
- United States Department of Labor Employment Laws
- United States Occupational Health and Safety Administration
- United States Small Business Administration
- U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service