New Business Kit

When starting a business, one of the first things you must do is apply for a federal identification number. Then, for each employee you have hired, there are several forms they must complete. You can find them all here, available in downloadable PDF format. Adobe Acrobat Reader required.

SS-4 (PDF)Application for Federal Identification Number — Regardless of a business' structure (corporation, partnership or sole proprietor), a federal identification number is required to begin. This number is used when paying employment taxes on behalf of employees. The completed Form SS-4 may be sent to the local IRS office via mail, fax or even called-in

I-9 (PDF)Employment Eligibility Verification — Each employee you hire must complete this form and provide supporting documentation. It is your responsibility to keep this form in the employee's file.

W-4, Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificate — Every employee must provide their employer with a signed W-4 to indicate the number of withholding allowances to use when calculating their Federal Income Taxes. If employees wish to change their allowances, they must submit a new W-4 to their employer. If a W-4 has not been submitted, employers are required to withhold taxes at the highest rate — single with 0 allowances.

Contact Us for More Information
Monday - Friday | 8 a.m. - 8 p.m.